They look and taste a lot like Wheat Thins (thus the name). But unlike their namesake, just one look at the ingredients and you will know why these are so much better for you!
Serving Suggestions: We’re slightly coo-coo for crackers, but as much as we love these little squares of crispy goodness on their own, they’re even better when paired with other wholesome ingredients. Here are just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
• Top with raw cheese and apple slices
• Top with a healthy spread like veggie confetti spread, homemade hummus, your favorite nut butter, etc.
• Top with tuna or chicken salad
• Use them as an edible spoon to scoop up your favorite homemade dips like guacamole, salsa, etc.
• Add them to your favorite homemade snack mix! (Simple snack mix: In a small dish combine crackers with your favorite crispy nuts and dried fruits)
• What’s your favorite way to eat crackers? … Please post a comment and share your ideas too!
Spelt-Thins Photo Tutorial:
1. Using your hands, knead the mixture to incorporate all of the flour into the dough until it forms a ball. (For easy clean-up, you can knead the dough right in the bowl.) Cover the bowl and place it in a warm area of your kitchen for 12 hours. If you’re new to soaking, please check out “How to Soak Grains for Optimal Nutrition.”
2. After soaking time is complete, form dough into a large disk and place on countertop. Sprinkle baking soda and salt evenly across top of flattened dough. Fold dough and knead to incorporate salt and baking soda.