This healthier version of the popular commercial brand fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt is packed with greater nutrition because it’s made with homemade yogurt, honey-sweetened jam and fresh organic berries.
And it’s so simple to make! Just add a tablespoon or two of your favorite jam to a small mason jar and top with fresh homemade yogurt and a handful of berries.
Making your own yogurt is not only easy and more nutritious, it’s a great way to save money too! And there are so many delicious ways to use it – from fruit & yogurt parfaits to creamy homemade salad dressings – the ideas are endless!
- 3/4 cup homemade dairy or non-dairy yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp of homemade honey-sweetened fruit preserves (or your favorite all-fruit organic jam)
- 1/4 cup fresh organic berries
- Add fruit preserves to a half-pint mason jar or small bowl. Then top with plain yogurt and a sprinkling of fresh berries.
- If you like a little crunch, add some chopped crispy nuts (like walnuts) or a sprinkling of homemade grain-free granola to the top. So easy and so yummy!