Yogurt banana split parfaits make a delicious healthy snack or dessert. We even enjoy these for breakfast, adding a heaping spoonful of grain-free granola on top.
Feel free to change-up the fruit, depending on your tastes and what’s in season. These scrumptious and fun fruit parfaits are so easy to assemble, which makes them a great treat to get your Kids in the Kitchen with you!
Looking for more great homemade yogurt recipes? Here’s a few top reader favorites:
• How to Make Homemade Greek-Style Yogurt (dairy and non-dairy recipes)
• Fruit-on-the-Bottom (and top) Yogurt Cups
• Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
• Homemade Flavored Yogurt Blends
P.S. Just a friendly reminder, that I provide free monthly meal plans over at The Better Mom blog. Each week’s meal plan contains delicious family-friendly GF recipes utilizing a time-saving method to make getting a healthy dinner on the table a snap! I highly recommend you pop over to The Better Mom and download these free meal plans.
- 1 cup homemade dairy or non-dairy yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey to taste
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 banana, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh berries, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 2 tsp fair trade chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- 2 tsp chopped crispy nuts
- In a mixing bowl, gently whisk together yogurt, vanilla and maple syrup to taste.
- Cut a banana lengthwise and then into smaller strips. Place 1-2 banana strips into two bowls.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of yogurt into each bowl and top with fresh berries, pineapple, chocolate chips and nuts. Yum!
[…] season is in full gear, we enjoy almost daily doses of fresh-from-the-field berries in homemade yogurt parfaits and atop grain-free granola. Of course, as the berries become overripe, they’re perfect for […]