August is NATIONAL PEACH MONTH!! So what better way to celebrate than with a parade of peachy recipes all month long! So let’s start this peachy parade with one of my family’s favorites … Peach Mango Salsa!
Fresh ripe peaches and mango combine with jalapeno and basil to create this amazingly sweet-n-spicy condiment perfect for serving with grilled fish or chicken. Or simply enjoy it as a snack with homemade tortilla chips.
- 3 fresh, ripe organic peaches, *peeled and diced
- 1 cup seeded and diced organic plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp finely minced jalapeno (use more if you like your salsa hotter)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh organic basil
- 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or on top of grilled fish or chicken.
*A quick and easy way to peel peaches ... bring a stockpot of water to a rolling boil. Add whole peaches and cook for one minute. Remove peaches from boiling water, using tongs, and place in a cold water bath. Once cooled to touch, peel off skins.
Grilled Fish w/Peach-Mango Salsa: Preheat grill on medium-high. Using a clean dish cloth or paper towels, pat dry fish fillets, then place on a sheet of foil. Brush each fillet lightly on both sides with a touch of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Place foil with fish direct on grill and cover grill. Cook about 5-8 minutes (depending on thickness of fillets) until fish is opaque. Remove from grill and serve immediately with a heaping dollop of peach-mango salsa.
For information about the safest, most eco-friendly fish in your region, download a free pocket guide from the Monterey Bay Aquarium.