One of my family’s favorite Christmas traditions is to make homemade gifts in a jar. And the wonderful thing is, they’re as much fun to make together, as they are to give to others! Simply layer the ingredients of a favorite recipe in a mason jars, then add a festive ribbon and tag, and there you have it – a thoughtful gift made with love.
There are certainly a ton of mason jar gift ideas out there, but unfortunately, many rely on unhealthy ingredients. So I thought it would be fun to share just a few of my favorites with the hope that this may help you to create some healthy homemade gifts of your own!
My Favorite GF Whole Food Mason Jar Gift Recipes
1. Fruit-in-Nut Bars in a Jar – These mock KIND Fruit-n-Nut Bars have been one of the most popular recipes I’ve posted this year. I modified the recipe a bit so it makes a beautiful and delicious gift-in-a-jar.
2. Slow Cooker Spiced Holiday Nuts – This year, we’ll be spreading holiday cheer with this delightful Spiced Holiday Nuts Gift-in-a-Jar recipe. These tasty nuts capture the aroma and flavor of the holiday season with just a hint of cayenne, giving them an extra kick of flavor. Honestly, it’s almost impossible to stop eating them!
3. Festive Little Gingersnaps in a Jar – Slightly crispy along the edges with a sweet-n-spicy chewy center, these scrumptious little grain-free gingersnap cookies make a thoughtful holiday gift! I like to stack them in recycled mason jars and dress-them-up with festive ribbons and bows.
6. Pumpkin Pie Muffins Mix in a Jar – A much requested favorite, my GF pumpkin muffin recipe makes a beautiful and tasty gift in a jar!
7. Jumbleberry Jam in a Jar – You can use any whole food jam recipe to create a delicious holiday gift. I especially love to give my family’s favorite – Jumbleberry Jam – it’s secret ingredient allows the jam to set without the use of pectin powders!
10. Homemade Doggie Treats Gift-in-a-Jar – don’t forget your furry little friends! Doggies love homemade treats too! Take it from my pup Frankie, these easy Sweet Potato Puppy Treats are tail waggin’ good!
Tips for Creating Your Own Homemade Gifts …
Many recipes can be converted into beautiful gifts-in-a-jar. When thinking about which of your favorite recipes will work well as a gift-in-the-jar, it’s important to consider the following:
• Will the recipe ingredients fit in a standard size mason jar, such as a half-pint, pint or quart?
• How easy is the recipe to assemble? Are the additional items needed to complete the recipe standard ingredients that most people have on hand?
• How will you include instructions for making the recipe? (My preferred option is to include the instructions inside a holiday greeting card and place the card and gift jar into a recycled gift bag.)
• What are the storage requirements for the gift jar – should it be refrigerated or stored at room temp? And for how long? (Be sure these are included in the instructions, or explained to the recipient.)
I hope these ideas inspire you to create some healthy homemade holiday gifts of your own! Wishing you and your family many blessings for a joyful and Merry Christmas! Joyfully Serving Him, Kelly