Continuing with our theme of beautiful and thoughtful homemade gifts in a jar … I’m sharing a super simple cookie recipe that totally went viral. Yes, my Raw Cookie Dough Bites have been, and continue to be, one of the most viewed recipes on this site. And for good reason … they are in one word, “YUMMY!”
And they make a delicious and nutritious gift, especially for those who are living a gluten-free or grain-free lifestyle. But again, these certainly should not be reserved for just those who are GF. I’ve found that even the most skeptical healthy food phobes find these little gems absolutely irresistible!
Looking for even more great grain-free gift in a jar ideas? Check out “The Best Homemade Holiday Gifts-in-a-Jar” – my special guest post at Keeper of the Home.
Raw Cookie Dough Bites in a Jar (Grain-Free)
Simply layer the ingredients in a wide-mouth half-pint (1 cup) mason jar in the following order:
• 3 tbsp unsweetened finely shredded coconut
• 3 tbsp organic raw cacao nibs
• 1/3 cup, plus 2 tbsp coconut flour
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
Finishing the gift:
Cut out festive paper in circles the same size as the jar top; place paper on top of the circle seal and then screw the lid over the paper. Add decorative ribbon and a gift tag.
Be sure to include the baking instructions (see below).
I like to print the directions out and place them into the Christmas card we give along with the gift jar. To make it extra festive, I place both the card and gift jar in a recycled gift bag.
Instructions for Making Raw Cacao-Coconut Cookie Bites
You will need the following ingredients to make these delicious & healthy grain-free raw cookie dough bites:
• 1/2 cup creamy unsalted raw almond butter (or sunflower seed butter)
• 1/4 cup pure raw sage honey
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, mix together the raw almond butter, honey and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
2. Next, dump the contents of the jar into the bowl and use a large spoon to mix together until well blended. Then, using your hands, knead the dough to further combine all the ingredients together.
3. Scoop out teaspoon-size portions and roll into balls using your hands to form the cookie bites. Place cookie bites on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Refrigerate cookie bites for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Or, place the entire baking sheet of cookies into the freezer for about 2 hours. Once frozen, you can transfer the cookies to a freezer-safe container and simply thaw-out the desired amount of cookies for a couple of minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!
Storage: This gift-in-a-jar can be stored in the pantry for 2-3 weeks. Yield: 1 1/2 dozen cookie bites.