We all know how good real food is for our bodies, but have you ever thought about what it can do for your skin?
Yes, eating healthy can really put a glow on your face, as well as a spring in your step. But putting real food ON your face has lots of healthy benefits too! (For example, see my Real Food Moisturizing Mask below!)
Our skin is the gateway to our bodies – everything we put onto our skin goes into our bodies – so it’s important to ensure that our skincare products are free of harsh chemicals and toxins.
That’s why I’m at Keeper of the Home today sharing how you can use everyday real foods to nourish your skin. Not only is making your own homemade real food facial care healthier for your skin and body, it’s far less expensive too, since you most likely have everything you need right in your own kitchen!
So join me over at Keeper of the Home to learn how to “Nourish Your Face Naturally.” I’ll be sharing my favorite Age-Fighting Moisture Mask recipe, as well as links to lots of other great skincare recipes from other DIYers across the blogsphere!
But first, don’t forget to check out my Real Food Nourishing Moisture Mask below … something special I whipped up just for you (and myself)!
Works well for *most skin types to help provide rich nutrients, deep moisturizing, detoxifying, and skin toning/tightening benefits.
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Mash avocado, honey and melted coconut oil together until well blended and creamy.
- Then stir in the egg yolk until well combined. Let stand five minutes.
- Use that time to clean your face and decollete, if desired.
- *Smooth mask over clean face and décolleté. Wait 5-10 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Gently pat skin dry with a soft towel and apply your favorite facial moisturizer. "Ahh, look at her skin glow!"
Mask will keep 4-5 days in airtight container in fridge.
* Remember, even with all-natural skincare products, it’s always important to test a small area of skin first to make sure you are not sensitive to it before using it on your entire face/body.
Leave a Reply