Wanna bake some cookies together?
Ever wonder why baking cookies is such a treasured past time? There’s just something indescribable about this simple tradition that warms hearts and tantalizes tastebuds. I’m certain this is why there are so many varieties of holiday cookies from classic favorites like sugar cookie cut-outs and gingersnaps to fancy little jam-filled thumbprint cookies.
Personally, I think cranberries and oranges are a timeless combination. The slight pucker-up-tanginess of chewy dried cranberries pairs perfectly with the sweet citrusy flavor of fresh orange zest to create a scrumptious cookie that’s certain to become a newfound favorite!
These festive grain-free cookies are so simple to make, and once you’ve been smitten by their irresistible aroma and flavor, I’m sure you’ll agree these little gems aren’t just for the holidays. They’re perfect for anytime you’d like to treat your loved ones to a heavenly little cookie made with wholesome ingredients and a whole lot of love!
P.S. The lovely table linens featured in these photos are courtesy of my friends at Hen House Linens. I just adore their beautiful linens, and even more so, their mission to make mealtimes special by adding a touch of warmth and beauty to the table.
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened, (or palm shortening)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter (or palm shortening), coconut oil, honey, orange zest and cinnamon. Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, blend together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well to combine. Then add the shredded coconut, continuing to mix until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the dried cranberries. Then drop the dough by rounded spoonfuls at least two inches apart onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Use your fingers to slightly flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until golden brown along edges. Allow the cookies to completely cool on the cookie sheet, as they will be very soft and crumbly when hot. Once cooled, they transform into the ultimate deliciously chewy holiday treat!
Tina @ Oh Snap! Let's Eat says
OMG these look delicious!!! I feel like I can almost smell them!
Thanks so much sweet Tina! Merry Christmas! 🙂
Tarah @ What I Gather says
These are perfection! Can’t wait to make a batch! 🙂
Thank you so much, sweet friend! xoxo