One look at the list of ingredients on a canister of protein powder (or the back of a packaged protein bar) is the first clue that what we may be thinking about putting into our bodies isn’t real. In fact, not only is it not real, it’s not healthy either!
In her just-released book High Protein, No Powder Bars & Smoothies, Tiffany Terczak shares the sad truth about what’s really lurking in those convenient packaged protein boosters and how we can use wholesome real food ingredients instead to create delicious high protein smoothies and bars.
You know me. I don’t recommend anything unless I personally use it and LOVE it! So let me share just a few reasons why I’m so excited about this book!
High Protein, No Powder Bars & Smoothies provides:
• A well-researched, thorough discussion on the dangers of processed protein powders and why/how to avoid them.
• An extensive list of ingredient recommendations for creating great tasting high-protein smoothies and bars, including nutritional information and charts
• An overview of the key ingredients for boosting protein and how to use them to create delicious smoothies and bars
• Substitution recommendations, tutorials for making your own smoothie-making staples, and other helpful resources
• And of course, the recipes … the glorious, great-tasting protein-packed recipes! Plus step-by-step instruction for creating dozens more of your own delicious, nutritious protein-packed smoothies and bars!
Speaking of the step-by-step instructions in this book … one the most practical tips I learned was the simple formula for building a good smoothie. After following Tiffany’s fail-proof method, I was amazed at how much easier my smoothies came together and how much better they tasted too. Yum!
So for less than the cost of one smoothie at your local juice bar, you can purchase a comprehensive guide that will walk you through how to create an endless supply of the most amazingly delicious and nutritious smoothies – dare I say, ones your children may even enjoy with delight!
And in typical fashion, I’ve also talked Tiffany into allowing me to share a fabulous recipe with you – after all tasting is believing, right? So give it a whirl and see what you think. And whether or not you opt to purchase Tiff’s book, be sure to submit a photo in my fun contest (see note below).
Show off your Real Food Smoothie-stache!
Love real food smoothies like we do? Then be sure to grab Tiff’s book at 30% off (remember to use coupon code: NOURISHHOME30). Then, take a selfie showing off your awesome smoothie mustache (or your kiddos) and email it to me ([email protected]) by 5pm pacific time on Saturday, January 10. With your permission, I’ll post your adorable “smoothie-staches” on The Nourishing Home Facebook page next week. Now that’s going to be FUN!
… so, Real Foodies … start your blenders!