Tostadas make a super delicious and healthy way to start the day! And they’re especially quick-n-easy to assemble when you use leftovers from your favorite home-cooked Mexican-themed dinner.
That’s why whenever I schedule tacos or burritos on my Weekly Meal Plan, I also make sure there are some leftovers for making these fast and fun breakfast tostadas. Then, it’s as simple as toasting the tortillas, scrambling up some eggs, and pulling out a few leftovers to create an awesome build-your-own Breakfast Tostada Buffet.
Breakfast Tostada (GF)
- 1 gluten-free or grain-free tortilla per person you're serving
- 2 eggs per person you’re serving
- Leftover taco meat, refried beans or fajita ingredients
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo (or salsa)
- Diced avocado (or guacamole)
- Shredded cheese
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Place tortillas in 250-degree oven to allow them to slowly crisp-up (about 5-8 minutes).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with just a bit of water or milk, until foamy.
- Add some butter or olive oil to the hot pan and then carefully pour in the eggs. Using a whisk (or wooden spoon), gently stir eggs until curds form. Switch to a spatula to turn over eggs until cooked, but not dry. Transfer to a large bowl and cover.
- Place the scrambled eggs, tortillas and all of the remaining ingredients out on the counter to form a build-your-own Breakfast Tostada Buffet.
- Then, hand everyone a plate and take turns creating your own delicious tostada – definitely a fun and healthy way to start the day!
Oh I am hungry now. That looks so yummy! What a great idea and so simple. Thank you for sharing~
Thanks, Cinnamon. Appreciate your kind words! Blessings, Kelly 🙂
Where is the recipe? I tried clicking on all of the highlighted words and they all come up as file not found?
Hi, Jaci. That is really strange. I checked the links and they are all redirecting to my guest post recipe at Happy Wives Club. Apologies you are having trouble. Here is the direct URL to the recipe post:
Let me know if this doesn’t work for you? Lots of blessings, Kelly 🙂
Teresa C. says
I never thought to make breakfast on a tostada. I make a lot of mexican food and this never came to mind. Next time I serve breakfast for dinner, it’s gonna look different 🙂 Thanks.
It does make for a fun breakfast! Enjoy! And thanks for taking the time to leave a kind note! Blessings, Kelly 🙂