As 2012 comes to a close, I want to offer a heartfelt thank you for making it such a fun first year of blogging! I’ve really enjoyed being able to share some of my family’s favorite real food recipes and personal meal plans, as well as some of my favorite meal planning strategies, cooking tips-n-techniques, and overall encouragement and resources to help us all live a more nourished life!
So, I thought it would be fun to end the year with a look back at some of the most popular posts of 2012. I’ve listed them in a top-10 count-down format based on the number of page views, pins, FB posts, tweets, etc – with the number one recipe being the highest-rated post of 2012!
The Nourishing Home
Top 10 Reader Favorites of 2012
10. I adore all things lemon and apparently many of you do as well, which is why this decadent lemon treat made the number 10 slot as a top reader favorite.
9. Looking for some great healthy lunch and snack ideas for you and your kiddos? You’re not alone, which is why this post received so much attention, especially during the back-to-school season.
7. Soaked oatmeal is a staple in our home and apparently in lots of your homes too! I couldn’t just narrow it down to one recipe, as all three of these were neck-in-neck reader favorites – Simple Soaked Oatmeal, Oatmeal with Ripe Pear & Raw Honey, and Baked Apple Oatmeal.
6. Who can live without COOKIES? No one, that’s for sure! And there is no need to with these wholesome top reader favorites – Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies, Raw Cookie Dough Bites, and No-Sugar “Sugar” Cookie Cut-Outs.
5. Biscuits are one of those must-have comfort foods, which is why this delicious
GF biscuit recipe has received so much positive attention.
4. I’m absolutely passionate about meal planning it’s such a wonderful strategy to help us provide healthy, home-cooked meals with the added benefit of saving time, money and stress!! So it was a real thrill to see how many of you found this step-by-step resource to be helpful. And it’s equally exciting that my free weekly meal plans over at The Better Mom continue to be a top reader favorite as well.
3. This special family recipe received lots of love – maybe because it’s made with love? And I have good news for you soup lovers out there – Starting January 9, I’ll be sharing a new family-favorite soup recipe every Wednesday in January!
2. Evidently everyone loves homemade granola, especially when it’s soaked using traditional food preparation methods for improved nutrition. And the great thing about this recipe is it can also be used to make some pretty awesome Homemade Granola Bars too!
1. Who knew almond flour pancakes could create such a buzz? These light, fluffy little beauties were by far the most popular reader favorite in 2012. And not to sound bias, I have to agree that these scrumptious little pancakes really are
What’s in Store for 2013?
Lord willing, I’m looking forward to sharing even more of my family’s favorite nourishing recipes and tips for living a more nourished life in the upcoming year!
I’m also looking forward to being a guest at some of my favorite real foodie friends’ blogs, and having some of these friends over here for a visit as well to share a few of their favorite recipes and healthy living tips with you!
I’ll also be speaking at several women’s groups in Orange County, as well as continuing my monthly healthy living classes at Whole Foods Market – I’ll be sure to keep you posted on those!
And most exciting of all … I’ll be launching a new “Life Transformation” Series in the spring with helpful step-by-step resources for families seeking to adopt a whole food lifestyle.
Inquiring minds want to know …
What was your favorite recipe in 2012? And what would you like to see in 2013?