Fresh pineapple salsa is the perfect accompaniment to grilled poultry or seafood, as well as a delicious addition to burritos, quesadillas, etc. And it’s especially delicious as a topping over Grilled Pineapple Chicken.
This tropical-tasting salsa can be made and kept in the fridge for 3-4 days, or frozen for up to one month. If you don’t like tomatoes, or for an even sweeter salsa, you can substitute diced fresh mango or papaya for the tomatoes.
Cheater’s Version! In my Grilled Pineapple Chicken recipe, I share a little time-saving secret to making Fresh Pineapple Salsa that’s great when you’re short on time. If you don’t have time to make pico de gallo, you can find it at most markets and replace it for the homemade pico de gallo called for in this recipe.
Of course, if you create a weekly meal plan, you can always plan to make a double batch of Pico de Gallo and use it for making homemade guacamole one night, and this tasty, fresh pineapple salsa for another’s night’s dinner. That’s just one of the many time-saving benefits of meal planning!
This delicious tropical salsa is simply my Ultimate Pico de Gallo with some fresh diced pineapple tossed in. It's truly a sweet-n-savory addition to your favorite grilled poultry and seafood!
- 2 1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes (about 5-6)
- 1/2 cup fine-diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh grated organic lime zest
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- Combine all of the pico de gallo ingredients in a bowl, mixing well. Then, fold in the diced pineapple.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to one week.
- Great accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish, as well as a delicious addition to burritos, quesadillas, etc.
Mango-Pineapple Salsa: To create an incredibly flavorful Mango-Pineapple Salsa, simply reduce the 1 1/2 cups of diced fresh pineapple to just 1/2 cup. Then add 1 cup of diced fresh mango. Follow the directions above for combining the ingredients. Mango-Pineapple Salsa is perfect for adding a sweet and spicy Caribbean flare to your favorite grilled meats and seafood. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply