This is an easy, fast and tasty recipe using cooked soaked brown rice. It’s the perfect side dish to roasted meats and poultry. If you’re new to soaking grains, please check out “How to Soak Grains for Optimal Nutrition.”
Buttery-Herbed Brown Rice
- 2 1/2 cups of cooked soaked brown rice
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock (homemade is best)
- 1 tsp fresh organic parsley, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add precooked rice, chicken stock and seasonings.
- Bring to a gently simmer for about 3-5 minutes until rice reaches desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
Leave a Reply