Zucchini is a mild-tasting versatile veggie that is high in vitamins C and A, as well as magnesium and fiber. This quick and easy recipe makes great use of this summer-squash favorite and is perfect for nights when you’re pressed for time to whip-up a healthy, delicious meal.
Time-Saving Tip: Have you heard the term “mise en place?” It’s a French culinary term for having all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go before starting you start cooking. By learning to embrace “mise en place,” you will not only save time, but also greatly reduce your stress level in the kitchen. For this particular recipe, prepping all of your ingredients ahead of time before you start cooking the pasta, will enable you to complete the sauce right about the time the pasta is finished cooking.
- 1 pound of your favorite fusilli pasta (we like Tinkyada brown rice fusilli)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 medium organic zucchini, diced
- 14 oz diced organic tomatoes with Italian herbs (we like Muir Glen or Eden Organics brand)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh organic Italian parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. (If using brown rice pasta, be sure to thoroughly rinse in cold water once cooking time is complete and return to stockpot, set aside.)
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook about one minute, then add the diced zucchini. Saute for about 5-6 minutes, until zucchini begins to soften.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir and cover. Allow to simmer over low heat, until zucchini reaches desired tenderness.
- Turn off heat. Mix in feta and parsley. If using brown rice pasta, pour zucchini-feta mixture over the pasta and rewarm over low heat.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe was shared at Gluten Free Wednesdays.
Zucchini and pasta is a great combination. Thanks for sharing this at Gluten-Free Wednesdays.
Thanks, Linda! Always a pleasure to visit you at GFW! Thanks for hosting!! And thanks for always popping over to leave an encouraging word! Blessings, Kelly 🙂
I can’t wait to make this! Sounds so amazing 🙂
Thanks, Cassie! Appreciate the time you always take to leave a kind note 🙂 Hope you and your family enjoy it too! 🙂