It’s a Strawberry Festival here! And guess what? You’re invited.
Recently, I got on a dried strawberry kick and couldn’t stop myself from eating them. Seriously! I was putting these awesome “Strawberry Chips” (as my youngest calls them) in and on everything.
First, it started with creating an absolutely scrumptious Dairy-Free Strawberry Frosting that basically you’ll want to spread on everything!
Of course, my Chocolate Lovers Cupcakes are a great place to start, unless you’re on the Whole30 – sorry, you’ll have to wait! But don’t be sad, because I’ve got lots of other delicious ideas that don’t involve cupcakes …
So why my fascination with these freeze-dried strawberries? Well, my friends at Honeyville were kind enough to send me a sample of their freeze-dried strawberries so I could create that yummy strawberry frosting. And since then, I’ve gone a little overboard coming up with even more tasty ways to enjoy them … as you’ll soon discover …
Although you can purchase freeze-dried strawberries from quality retailers like Honeyville, for most recipes, you can substitute with dehydrated strawberries instead. I’ve found that the best flavor comes from strawberries that are fully ripened. So if your fresh berries are beginning to get overripe, why not make a batch of delicious dried berries that can be used to add a sweet burst of flavor to your favorite recipes.
To help, I’m sharing 15 fabulous ways to use freeze-dried (or home dehydrated) strawberries. Of course, I’d love to hear your favorite tips for using dried strawberries too!
15 Fabulous Ways to Enjoy Dried Strawberries
1. Whip up a delightful Dairy-Free Strawberry Frosting!
2. Pile them on your favorite Grain-Free Granola!
3. Create amazing mock-KIND bars with a burst of strawberry flavor!
4. Blend them in with your favorite Fruit–n-Veggie Smoothies
for an extra punch of flavor!
5. Mix them into your favorite Grain-Free Breakfast Porridge!
6. Whip up a luscious Dairy-Free Strawberry Mouse!
7. Dunk this scrumptious White Chocolate Strawberry Pistachio Biscotti
in your coffee!
8. Crush them up and use them to coat these
awesome Raw Almond Butter Truffles!
9. Or crush them up and use them as sprinkles
on Homemade Grain-Free Donuts!
10. Chop them up to make amazing Vanilla-Strawberry Macaroons!
11. Use them to make Strawberry Milk that’s actually good for you!
(Simply grind 1/4 cup dried strawberries in a blender, add
1 cup of milk and 1-2 tsp of raw honey. Blend until frothy!)
12. Take s’mores to an all-new level with these
Homemade Strawberry Marshmallows!
13. Use them to make easy
3-Ingredient Strawberry White Chocolate Candies for your sweetie!
14, Add them to Trail Mix for an extra burst of sweetness!
15. Add fine-ground dried strawberry powder to Dairy-Free Icing
and use it to top your favorite cookies and desserts!
Bonus recipe … My creative friend Michele from Thriving on Paleo created the most luscious Fruit Tinted Lip Balm using dried strawberries and raspberries. If you’re a DIY’r then be sure to pop over to Paleo Parents check it out!
Have you tried dried strawberries? If so, what are your favorite ways to enjoy them?