Welcome to The Nourishing Home
I’m so glad you’re here and want you to feel right at home! My heart in creating this blog is to help you by sharing helpful meal planning strategies and nourishing whole food gluten-free recipes that are healthy, easy and delicious! And most important, my heart’s desire in doing all of this is to bring glory to God and inspire each of us to live more fully for Him!
If you want to eat healthier and provide delicious and healthy home-cooked meals for your family, then this is the blog for you! Each week, you’ll find new posts with healthy GF recipes, real food cooking tips and techniques, nutrition information and overall encouragement and resources to help you in your journey to a more nourished life.
Some of the helpful features here include:
• Subscribe to The Nourishing Home and receive FREE weekly GF whole food meal plans, as well exclusive family-friendly gluten-free, grain-free recipes; time-n-money-saving meal planning tips; helpful cooking techniques and more! To become a subscriber and receive all of these helpful resources and more, click here.
• Visual Recipe Categorization System allows you to easily browse through photo categories of recipes to quickly find just what you’re looking for!
• Print & Save Recipes! Each of my recipes are set-up to make it fast and easy to print. Or you can use your favorite online recipe box (such as myrecipes.com) to save them for easy retrieval when you’re ready to make them!
The weekly posts you’ll discover here include:
• Recipe Makeovers: Making traditional favorite recipes healthier by utilizing real food ingredients and techniques that result in delicious gluten-free and grain-free recipe transformations that your whole family will love!
• New Favorites: Join me in the quest to discover delicious and nutritious grain-free recipes that add a healthy variety to everyday cooking.
• Mastering Meal Planning: Free weekly whole food meal plans and helpful strategies to help you master the art of meal planning – the secret to saving time, money and stress in the kitchen!
• Kids in the Kitchen: Kid-friendly recipes and strategies for sharing the joys of healthy GF cooking with your children.
• Nourishing Know-How: Information, tips and resources on real food cooking techniques to help you work faster and more efficiently in the kitchen.
• Encouragement: Lots os inspiration and encouragement to help you and your family to live more nourishing lives in service to the King!
And of greatest importance, I’d like to make an appeal for everyone to seek true nourishment … The Lord Jesus Christ says “what does it profit a man to gain the entire world, yet lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:36) I implore you to consider His words! Of what value is it to achieve the best health imaginable at the expense of ultimately being eternally separated from the Lord and Creator? There is nothing of greater importance than seeking the Lord and securing real life – eternal life – through repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. If you do not know Christ as your Savior and have not received the power of the Holy Spirit working in your life, I implore you to please read the “Good News” post today. Also know, that I’d be happy to personally share the Good News with you. Just send me an email or FB note!
Blessings to each of you! My heart is to help! So let me know if there is something you’d find of benefit in your pursuit of living a more nourished life in service to the King!
Hi, friend. I’m pleased to meet you! My name is Kelly and I’m on a quest to make mealtimes a whole lot simpler (and to avoid becoming a short-order cook). So … I’ve made it my mission to transform everyday family favorites into delicious gluten-free creations that the whole family will love – whether they’re GF or not!
On a more personal note, I’m a joyful follower of Christ who loves spending time with my awesome hubby and two sweet boys. In my spare time, I’m a whole food GF cookbook author and blogger, and contributing author at several Christian mom-blogs and whole food websites.
My real food journey began in 2007 when I was diagnosed with a chronic inflammatory illness called interstitial cystitis, it literally stopped me in my tracks as the pain was nearly 24/7. Later that same year, I was diagnosed with IBS as well. I was on several RX medications and yet, I was still in constant pain and discomfort. I knew that diet played a large part in controlling these conditions, but I wasn’t sure how to further improve my diet since I thought I was eating healthy. So I spent a lot of time praying and keeping a food journal to see if I could figure out what foods seemed to trigger my pain and discomfort. I even went on an elimination diet in the hopes of finding relief.
That’s when the Lord led me to my dear friends Rich & Annie who run One Body for Christ, a ministry dedicated to helping other Christians improve their health and wellness by providing education about the real food lifestyle – a diet centered upon eliminating processed foods and eating real whole foods instead. Within six months of changing to a real food diet, I was no longer suffered from daily chronic pain. And shortly thereafter, I was able to completely go off all medications.
Of course, like most people on the real food journey, that was just the beginning of discovery … Within a couple years of gaining control over my chronic pain, I began to experience bizarre symptoms that my doctors could not explain. After much research and many tests, I ended up with a diagnosis of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity since I could not undergo the intestinal biopsy required for a definitive Celiac diagnosis.
As a result, this meant yet another major dietary shift was in order. I plan to write about my journey to discovering gluten-sensitivity in more detail someday, but suffice it to say, it’s been quite an interesting saga these past few years being the only gluten-free gal in a house full of gluten-loving guys!
Yet, I wouldn’t change being gluten-free for the world. I still can’t believe how much healthier and energetic I’ve become since embracing a GF whole food lifestyle! And of course, my whole family has benefited from eating a whole food diet as well! That’s why I’m so passionate about helping others discover how eating real, unprocessed food can truly help to improve health and well-being!
I look forward to getting to know you better and continue my pilgrimage with you as together we strive to live healthier lives in service to the King!